Pastel on Paper
Made it out to Ward Lake, a local recreational area that is frequented by most everyone in town, to spend my day drawing. Today was a beautiful sunny day and it seemed as if half the town was at the lake today. Tryed to do few pencil sketches as I walked around the lake but was interrupted by people asking "Are your drawing?", "Is it fun?", "Can I watch?, and "Will you draw me?" Needless to say I wasn't able to finish any real pencil sketches.
Decided to walk a little farther around the lake where I found picnic table off the path. After setting up my drawing pad and pastels my attention fell on the shelters across the lake. The clouds were moving in and changing my lighting constantly so I had to work fast. Just when I was ready to finish off the water a huge wind storm rolled in across the lake. I'll spend sometime later in the week working on the highlights in my shop. Anyway it was a good day to be out and about.

No comments:
Post a Comment