Went out on a little hike for most of the afternoon on the north end of the island out towards Settlers Cove along the road system. As I was headed north a huge storm cell was hanging over the Town of Ketchikan it looked like some serious rain was going to fall. The storm cell followed me all the way north so decided to stop by Salmon Falls Resort which is no longer in business to hold up until the storm passed over. It started to sleet and snow a little bit as I sheltered under the lodges roof over hang.
Was able to get some really great shots of the storm passing over the inlet and the lodge. The waterfall was raging at full speed and so was the rain at about that time. I hung out for another 10 minutes then headed by south towards town except that I stopped by South Point Higgins Beach. By this time the sun was setting and I was burning up the memory card in the camera with some good shots.
Called my wife to brag to her about how beautiful the beach and sunset was at that moment. Then I jumped into the car headed towards home. As I rounded Ward Cove the sunset was just spectacular so I pulled of to the side of the road to capture the last of the light. All in all it was a really great time searching for pastel drawing reference subjects.
Was able to get some really great shots of the storm passing over the inlet and the lodge. The waterfall was raging at full speed and so was the rain at about that time. I hung out for another 10 minutes then headed by south towards town except that I stopped by South Point Higgins Beach. By this time the sun was setting and I was burning up the memory card in the camera with some good shots.
Called my wife to brag to her about how beautiful the beach and sunset was at that moment. Then I jumped into the car headed towards home. As I rounded Ward Cove the sunset was just spectacular so I pulled of to the side of the road to capture the last of the light. All in all it was a really great time searching for pastel drawing reference subjects.
Sunset at Ward Cove

1 comment:
Absolutely beautiful! So many times wishing we were there...
:-)The Baxters
Post a Comment